Only organisations can join the World Coalition Against the Death Penalty
In accordance with article 5.1. of its Bylaws, the World Coalition welcomes organisations who are sharing the aim of the universal abolition of the death penalty.
What does the coalition offer its members:
- An international network to share news and contact and to give more visibility to its members (at the international level, including with the UN system)
- A website with one page dedicated to each of its member organizations and articles published about the activities carried out by the members
- A list-serve for members to share updates, strategies, resources and communicate,
- Publications, tools dedicated to the coalition’s missions, such as the mobilization kit for World Day. Each member receives every year a parcel with all the tools for World Day
- News about the death penalty in the world (World Coalition monthly Newsletter, Death Penalty Worldwide Database and Online Library)
- A voice and a vote at the bi-annual General Assembly to contribute to strategic issues.
What the Coalition does not provide for its members:
- Support for individual cases/legal aid
- Financial support
- Media work or official statements, although they can be shared with the coalition, they cannot be created or initiated by the coalition.
How members can support the World Coalition:
- be an active member: the World Coalition depends on its members to contribute to the discussions and advocacy of the network run the network and they should be encouraged to take an active part in the missions
- support for its work via the membership fee, as well as voluntary financial donations and in-kind contributions
- actively promote the coalition and its missions through its work, social media, website, advocacy
- share local or regional networks (human rights, media, political)
To join us, you can either:
Before you apply for membership, we invite you to consult the membership rules.
The Steering Committee decides twice a year on new requests for membership (in April and November).
For any additional information, please contact us.